To ensure that all citizens of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines have equal access to opportunities that will shape their social, cultural, spiritual, educational, economical and political development.
A fully integrated Gender Affairs Division catering for gender equity, equality and gender mainstreaming through team work.
Support the integration and advancement of a gender perspective, into national development so as to attain equality and equity.
The objectives of the Gender Affairs Department are to:
- Implement an action plan that will ensure gender integration into all policies, procedures and programmes, prevention and eradication of domestic violence and educational, social, cultural and economic growth of the marginalized.
- Collaborate with other departments/ ministries and organisations to institutionalize the responsibility for gender equality through out government and NGO activities.
- Influence departments/ ministries and NGOs to institute systems to collect and store sex-disaggregated data.
- Use disaggregated data as a source of information to provide related services and to use these data as relevant decision making. (E.g.) employment.
- Formulate a national policy on gender equity.
- Facilitate greater outreach to more persons.
- Provide greater impact of the gender sensitization programmes.
- Strengthening groups/NGOs in an effort to reduce poverty.
- Social Clubs
- Community Based Organisations
- National Organisations
- Private Sector
- Trade Unions
- Regional/International Organisations
- Institutions i.e. schools, churches
- General Public