To provide persistently, effective programmes and efficient services aimed at advocating equity in family relations, fostering the Rights of the Child, persons with disabilities, the elderly and enhancing the socio-economic development of all family members.
The Family Services envisages a support system that will provide programmes and services that are beneficial to families in the State.
Objectives Of The Department
- Quality service
- Financial assistance to approximately 6,000 – 7,000 indigent people.
- Counselling throughout Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Assistance to people with disabilities
- Home Help Care for the elderly
- Lobbying for the provision of ramps, car parks, rails for the disabled
- The return of all street children to their homes or to a place of safety
- The rebate of water/electricity to approximately two thousand (2,000) people
- An increase in the number of Foster Homes
- The entire public from zero to one hundred plus.
- Non-Government Organisations
- Regional and International social services agencies
- Magistrate Courts, Family Court, High Court
- The Police
- Other Line Ministries
- Poor, destitute, elderly people with disabilities and the abused.
- The General Public
- Private Sector
- Civil Society