Services offered by Family Services Division

  • General Counseling
  • Home help care services for the elderly.
  • Facilitating/identifying alternative homes for abused children and the elderly.
  • Providing financial assistance for the elderly, orphans, destitute and indigent.
  • Foster Care services.
  • Paying monthly public assistance (poor relief).
  • Provide materials for home repairs/renovations for the indigent and elderly.
  • Provide probation services for the Court-Family Court, High Court and Magistrate’s Court.
  • Facilitate the reporting of the abused-child abuse and spouse abuse.
  • Non-maintenance services.
  • Liaise with child care agencies, regional and International.
  • Prepare social inquiry report for the Court and relevant international agencies.
  • Participate/facilitate lectures, discussions etc. with various agencies, Government and  Non-Governmental organizations (e.g. on issues such as child abuse).
  • Facilitate financial assistance in conjunction with the Ministry of Health and the Environment for  people who are in need of special health care.

Contact Information

Permanent Secretary
Ms. Catherine Defreitas 
Tel :(784) 450-0395
PBX :(784) 456-1111
Ext : 395/396
Fax :(784) 457-2476 


The Ministry of National Mobilisation, Social Development, Local Government, Gender Affairs, Family Affairs, Housing and Informal Settlement

Halifax Street Kingstown St. Vincent

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Saturday - Sunday