The Ministry of National Mobilisation, through the Youth Affairs Division, is pleased to announce the opening of the registration process for the 2018/19 cycle of the Youth Empowerment Service (YES) Program.
The registration takes place at the Youth Affairs Division’s Office in Rose Place, Kingstown, from Monday, 14th May, 2018, commencing daily between the hours of 9:00am to 11:30am and 1:30pm to 3:00pm Monday to Friday. Persons who are interested in the registration process are asked to take note that the application process would have with it an interview on the same day, therefore it is necessary to be appropriately attired for the application process.
Persons who are deemed eligible for this program are youth between the ages of 16 to 29yrs, who are willing to be trained and to garner working experiences.
The following items are therefore necessary to have on the day of the registration/application process:
- A copy of your birth certificate
- Your identification card
- Your NIS card if available; if not available the process will be done at the office.
- Any academic or other qualification that they may possess if any.
The registration process will occur this year from May 15th to June 30th, 2018. All interested persons are asked to take note and to get registered today.
Sport Anticrime Campaign 2018
The Ministry of National Mobilsation, through the Youth Affairs Division in collaboration with the National Commission on Crime Prevention (NCCP), the Royal Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force (RSVGPF), the Division of Physical Education and Sports and the National Sports Council (NSC) presents the 2018 Sports Anticrime Campaign. The sport being utilized this year is Cricket. The shortened version of the game is the 20/20 overs matches, however this version is further shortened as it’s 20 balls per team. The scheduled games are as follows:
- Saturday, 12th May - Redemption Sharpes and Dickson Georgetown at 2:30pm
- Sunday, 13th May - Diamond 3:00pm and South Rivers 6:00pm
- Saturday, 19th May - Vermont 2:30pm and Petit Bordel 6:00pm
- Sunday, 20th May - Sandy Bay 3:00pm and Barrouallie 6:00pm
- The Semi-finals and Finals will take place on the 26th, May, at the Arnos Vale Sporting Complex.
SOURCE: Ministry of National Mobilization, Social Development, Family, Gender Affairs, Persons With Disability And Youth